If you’re having a problem with your handset freezing on the spinning cogs screen during a Windows update, try this to fix the problem.
1) Charge your phone for a minimum of 60 minutes.
2) If the phone won’t load up the start screen, reset and restore your phone as follows but PLEASE NOTE! This restores factory settings deleting all personal content!
Switch off your phone and remove the charger. If the phone won’t switch off, simultaneously press and hold the power and volume down keys for 10-15 seconds. Release and the phone will restart.
As soon as the handset powers back up, press and hold the volume down key until an exclamation mark is shown on the screen. Then let go of the volume down key.
3) Press the volume and power keys in this order: Volume up > Volume down > Power > Volume down.
4) Wait for your phone to reset. As it resets you will see gears rotating on the screen for up to 5 minutes. The screen will then go blank for 30 seconds and then restart.
5) Go through the initial phone setup. If the date and time are shown, make sure the values are correct.
The update should now continue without any issues.