Many business owners and managers think that the best way to improve sales and close more deals is to expand the sales team. More salespeople means more sales, right?
Revenue, not the number of deals won or sales closed, is what really matters. And if you want to boost revenue, you need to work on your sales team’s productivity – not size. Companies that focus on using new tools and sales techniques (instead of just hiring more people) see their productivity increase by 200 percent.
So are you ready? Here are some of the best ways to boost your sales team’s productivity.
Close the loop between sales and marketing
When sales and marketing work together seamlessly, there’s no stopping your business.
The traditional marketing/sales relationship sees marketers delivering leads that salespeople then try and turn into customers. Simple. But with closed-loop marketing, your sales team reports back to your marketers about the leads they deliver.
This feedback helps your marketing team make changes to their strategy or activities that will ultimately help them deliver better, more sales qualified leads. The result? Sales productivity improves because your sales team isn’t wasting time on unsuitable leads and can focus on more promising opportunities.
Automate where possible
Not all jobs are equal. For the more routine jobs, your sales team can turn to automation so that they make better use of their time. Indeed, automation drives a 14.5 percent increase in sales productivity.
Here are some examples of how automation can improve your sales productivity:
- Emails. Salespeople send around 120 emails each day. With the right CRM system, you can see which leads view and engage with those emails. Then, it’s just a matter of targeting interested parties who opened and clicked within emails.
- Lead prioritisation. Fifty percent of sales go to the vendor who responds first, so your team needs to be fast. Use tools that score and prioritise leads so your salespeople know which to follow-up on.
- Appointment scheduling. Instead of calling or emailing back-and-forth to find a time to meet, use a scheduling platform. It shows when you’re free for meetings, distributes reminders and even sends out thank you emails before and after the event.
Give your team everything they need in the cloud
These days, the cloud is much more than just a buzzword. It’s the technology that gives your sales team access to everything they need anytime, anywhere in the world.
With a platform like Dynamics 365, your team can access customer data and sales leads in one easy-to-use piece of software on all their devices, no matter where they are. This mobility improves your sales team’s agility, makes their lives easier and leads to more overall sales.
Use customer relationship management (CRM) software
Sales teams can use customer relationship management (CRM) tools to improve their productivity. Equipped with something like Dynamics 365, your sales team can:
- Anticipate customer needs and act on them fast, helping them stay focused and close deals faster.
- Use social media tools to gain an extra level of insight into customers and leads.
- Focus on the right customers with accurate, real-time, company and contact data.
- Simplify sales execution by using familiar tools like Outlook and Excel.
- Sell on the go, even when not connected, by using modern mobile apps.
- Connect with partners to boost your channel and give quick updates.
Keen to know more? Check out this demo video fro Microsoft for Dynamics CRM:
Using the right CRM system for your business will give you all the tools and information needed to bring a major boost to your sales team productivity. Not sure how to select one? We have a guide for that.
Or, if you’re already set on Dynamics 365, why not check out our licensing guide.
Chase your success
Sales is neither for the timid nor the inflexible. If you’re not willing to adapt and improve, you will soon fall behind. Thankfully, as we’ve mentioned, there are tools and techniques that can improve your sales productivity. Use them, and watch your productivity grow as much as your bottom line.