The first step to moving your business over to Microsoft Office 365 is to find the right partner. A partner that is technically able, can be flexible to your needs and will work with you to provide a solution that really works for your business. Migrating to 365 is not a simple process, and there will be some minimal disruption along the way so it’s important that your chosen partner can work with you, with realistic timelines and staged migrations where necessary.
The process will involve;
- Preparing the existing exchange environment including Active Directory health checks, organisation of users, mailboxes and Public Folders, and planning the transition of content and data
- SharePoint consultation and design
- Setting up the synchronisation and copying of data
- Migrating to 365 using a cutover or staged migration
- Decommissioning on premise email servers and services
- Setting up end-user machines
- Delivering training
365 migration can be a complex task. Depending on the size of your business, amount of data and number of users, there’s likely to be a lot of planning required and moving users over to 365 can be a lengthy process. Full preparation will ensure a seamless migration, so don’t be surprised if the planning stages take a few weeks.
If you’re wondering how Microsoft Office 365 will benefit your business, take a look here.
Or for a free 30 day trial of Microsoft Office 365, get in touch with us here, and we’ll do the rest.